Note-Taking / Information Organization
You are only standing on the welcome mat of the notebook rabbit hole here, so be careful….but I wanted to get you started.
ANALOG SYSTEMS and IDEAS
- The dash/plus system
- Trickle Lists
- Strike Through System
- Word Notebooks
- Japanese Hack to Keep Your Notebook Organized
- The Indexing System from Tim Ferriss
- Bullet journal & Bullet Journal Google + Community
Note Taking Techniques
Digital Tools Beyond Evernote and Google Docs
Encouraging you to write
Discovered during my research, I thought a number of these filled unique niches:
- Bear Notes
- Notational Velocity - simple, easy note taking tool for Mac that stores locally. nvALT - a modified version of Notational Velocity with additional features. Both can sync with Simplenote. (I like it as a distraction free writing space.)
- DevonThink - apparently it can make connections between your notes/documents, extract key words and more….got my attention.
- Mendeley - reference manager and academic social network
- Workflowy - digital outlining, notes fold (hide) into elements higher in the hierarchy, see also Dynalist.
- Gingko App (outlining?)